One of my Macs keeps trying to sync to an old vault.

stewart_murrie
stewart_murrie
Community Member

Ok, I've found myself in a strange situation with syncing between two Macs and two iOS devices using iCloud.

Once upon a time, the 1Passwords apps on two Macs and two iOS devices lived harmoniously together, staying up-to-date with each other through iCloud syncing.

Then one day one of the Macs left the fold and stopped syncing (I don't know why). The other Mac, and the iOS devices, carried on happily as before. The errant Mac tells me this:

So, I tell the errant Mac to start syncing again, and it says that it has found a Primary Vault in iCloud it can use and it will merge everything together. Hurray!

But wait, what is this? The Vault it finds was last sync'd...almost a year ago!

This can't be! According to the happy Mac, the Vault was sync'd much more recently than that!

I can't convince the errant Mac to sync with the real, latest Vault that the other three devices see. I've tried unsyncing from everywhere, deleting the 1Password data in iCloud and syncing again, but it still says that the Vault in iCloud was last modified a year ago.

Please help!

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6 (errant); OSX 10.12.3 (happy)
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:icloud syncing is broken

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@stewart_murrie: It really sounds like you may have different iCloud settings on each Mac, since you're seeing an old, out of date vault there (which presumably is up to date on the other). In any case, please follow the steps in this guide, as it will help you set things right or narrow down the problem:

iCloud troubleshooting

1Password can only sync a single vault with iCloud, so if there's different data there, it's a different account altogether. Let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.