Do I have to buy the app too?

Options
mvh510
mvh510
Community Member

I am part of a family plan. I loaded the extension on chrome and it says the app needs to be installed? When I go to the mac app store it says its $64. My husband is already paying for the yearly fee - is this an additional charge???

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:app price

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

No, there's no additional charge. But you may have to download direct from AgileBits rather than using the App Store.

The AgileBits download does not need payment, and just needs to be set up to connect to your existing account. (Actually, the download is a free trial, which ultimately has to be paid for in some way, in your case payment has already been made through the subscription).

The App Store does not permit trials at present, so it seems that you can't get it from there. Anyway there is no advantage in getting from the App Store, it's sometimes useful not to have to bother with serial numbers and the like but this doesn't apply in your case.

• mvh510
    mvh510
    Community Member
    Options

thank you!

• Hi @mvh510 - You just have to install the one of the apps then the extension will work properly. The browser extension has to communicate with one of our apps to function. You can locate them under the "Get the Apps" page when you log into your 1Password.com account. Then you can set up the apps using this guide below -

https://support.1password.com/1password-setup/#set-up-the-apps

Let us know if you have any questions, we'll be happy to help out :-)

Thank you @danco for the assist :+1:

This discussion has been closed.