Letter or number item list navigation

This discussion was created from comments split from: Suggestion.

Comments

• dboyes99
    dboyes99
    Community Member

Another idea: the iOS version has a "quick navigation" listing to jump to the beginning of each starting letter within the various tabs. Could we get something similar for the Mac desktop version? It'd be a lot easier than having to scroll thru long lists of entries.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dboyes99: It's certainly something we can consider. But I do wonder how many people would use that. Especially on the Mac, I use search more than anything else, rather than trying to scroll through hundreds of items. After all, I'm only getting more data over time, not less. So I'm not sure how good an investment manual navigation would be, and perhaps investing in better search/organization would pay better dividends. Is there a specific use case you're thinking of that I might be overlooking?

• dboyes99
    dboyes99
    Community Member

Thanks for considering the idea. It's really a suggestion for organization -- anyone who interacts with a significant # of websites has zillions of entries already (for example, I work for a consultancy to hosting providers. I have more than 10,000 login entries that I have to keep track of. If I could jump to the first character of an entry, and scroll from there (because I don't always remember the exact name of the entry I want), that's a savings of several minutes per incidence.)The iOS client presentation is much more efficient to use - if I can get in the area of the entry I want, then it's fairly easy to scroll from there.

I'll try the search suggestion and see how I fare. Eye-hand coordination is not my strong point, so long menu boxes don't work very well for me.

• @dboyes99,

another option here that works now is that if you have the item list currently focused you can type the letter (or a partial item title) and it will jump to that section (or to the item with that partial title).

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.