Is there a way to set the default view to show my favorites?

zozo
zozo
Community Member

Is there a way to set the default view to show my favorites so when I unlock the app it takes me to my most used (favorites) logins? I saw that it has been asked in the past, but that was a couple of years ago... Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:default view favorites

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @zozo,

Thanks for your question! If you have Favorites selected before you quit the main 1Password app, it should still be selected the next time you open/unlock it. The same is true for whatever category was last selected in the sidebar before quitting/reopening 1Password.

I hope that helps, but please let us know if you have more questions about that. Have a great day! :)

• zozo
    zozo
    Community Member

Thanks Drew. It's not the behavior I'm hoping for, but I understand.

• RCMjr
    RCMjr
    Community Member

@Drew_AG I didn't know about this feature and just tested it out. It works just like you said. That's a great newly learned feature.

@zozo In an effort to learn more about what 1PW can do, what is it about this particular solution that you don't like? What were you hoping that it would do differently?

• zozo
    zozo
    Community Member

Hi @Drew_AG and @RCMjr!

I would like to choose the default view 1password shows when it unlocks - my favorites, a specific folder, etc. so that every time I open 1Password it opens there.

• RCMjr
    RCMjr
    Community Member

@zozo -

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for or not, but if you want to open a particular vault you can do that in Preferences > General. I don't have access to folders, so I can't speak to those.

If that helps, great. If not, then hopefully someone else will be able to give you a better answer.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

@RCMjr, I'm glad that was a helpful tip for you! :)

@zozo, thank you for clarifying your request! I see what you mean now. As RCMjr mentioned, there's a setting for which vault to open when you unlock 1Password, but there's no setting for which category within a vault is selected. It's an interesting idea, although I don't believe we currently have plans to add a setting for that since it was designed to open to the last one you were viewing. The workaround of course is to select Favorites before quitting or locking 1Password, but I understand that's not quite the same as the feature you were hoping for.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you about that! But please let us know if you need anything else. Cheers! :)

• zozo
    zozo
    Community Member

Thanks @Drew_AG

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.