WatchTower is confused by subdomains

pheinrich
pheinrich
Community Member

Saw that www.artfulhome.com showed up as Heartbleed-vulnerable, but when I clicked the "Learn more..." link, I got a page saying status unknown. In addition, the "Check another website" form was not displayed on the page.

If I check artfulhome.com (without the www subdomain), then the expected vulnerability is displayed (along with the option to check another site).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:watchtower

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pheinrich,

Sorry it took us so long to get back to you about this. Thank you for taking the time to let us know! Our developers are aware of this issue, and I apologize for the inconvenience. As you noticed, this is related to domains/subdomains: Basically, the 1Password app checks for other subdomains (or the naked domain) of the website in a Login item, but when you click the "Learn more..." link, it takes you to a page specifically about the subdomain that is stored in the app. Hopefully we'll be able to clear up the confusion in a future version.

Thanks again for reporting this! If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. Cheers! :)

ref: OPM-1764

This discussion has been closed.