Mac wlan switch to new computer 1Password 6 Version 6.5.3

campany
campany
Community Member

I've just upgraded laptops. I'm running the latest Sierra on both, and I'm using 1Password 6 Version 6.5.3 (653000) AgileBits Store version.

I've been using WLAN sync to update an iPhone and an iPad. I realize that the IOS devices can only WLAN sync with 1 computer. How do I update and make new computer that "1 computer?"

BTW - I've already exported all 1 password data to the new machine, and I've been using it for a day, so I have some unique entries in the 1 Password instance on the new machine

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.3
Sync Type: WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:Mac wlan switch to new computer 1Password 6 Version 6.5.3

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @campany,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help! Normally you could simply disable sync on your iOS devices, then set up WLAN Server again with 1Password on the new Mac. However, if you used the export/import features to migrate your data from the old Mac to the new Mac, you'll end up with duplicates once you sync with the iOS devices (long story short: export/import will create new UUIDs for the items in your vault, so 1Password will treat them as separate items from the ones on your iOS devices).

Do you have all your latest 1Password data on the new Mac? If so, then you can simply reset the 1Password app on each iOS device, and then set it up again by syncing with your Mac via WLAN Server. To do that, open 1Password on your iPhone & iPad and go to Settings > Advanced > Erase All 1Password Data. When you open the app again, you'll go through the setup and can choose WLAN Server (remember to enable it in 1Password on your Mac first).

Does that help? Let us know how it goes and if you have questions or run into any trouble with that. Cheers! :)

• campany
    campany
    Community Member

Perfect, and so easy. Thank you!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! I'm glad that was helpful. We're always happy to help, so be sure to let us know if you need anything else. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.