To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to sync with my account instead Dropbox or Icloud.(Windows,IOS and OSX)

Options
ingenierojgm
ingenierojgm
Community Member

I subscribed an account just tu have a secure place for my secret info, but also I would like to sync from there my 1Password 6 windows, IOS and OSX. If I go to sync in IOS or OSX(could not find this in windows), there are just DROPBOX or ICLOUD. I have DROPBOX. DO you know how to do it with my account?. The reccomended support article reccomends to use the web with my account, BUT NO how to syc with this data. It is easy to use the application than the web. Is it implemented?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 10, OSX 10.10.5 WIN 10
Sync Type: DROPBOX

Comments

• Hi,

Sadly 1Password 6 for Windows doesn't yet support Dropbox. Since you're subscribed for one of the online accounts, syncing should be managed automatically through that by logging into the same account on all of your devices.

Your other option is local vaults (through Dropbox for example) but that isn't support in 1Password 6 yet (Dropbox vaults are read only).

If there's a specific reason you need to sync in one way, let me know and I'll try to help further.

• Hi @ingenierojgm - Sorry for the confusion. As long as you've added your new 1Password.com account to all your devices, you should be good to go. One of benefits of signing up for a 1Password.com account is we take care of all the syncing for you. No need to configure Dropbox as a sync source :-)

Any changes to make to the data in your Personal vault will be synced across your device and the web. Just like @oliverdunk stated, 1Password 6 on Windows doesn't support local vaults. You can add the Dropbox vault to the app but it's "read-only" support at the moment. It's best to use your Personal vault going forward so all your devices stay in sync.

I hope that helps and let's us know if you have any further questions. Have a fantastic day! :-)

• ingenierojgm
    ingenierojgm
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Frank,
    I tested your reccomedation, in my iphone. I started reviewing that everything was Ok into the "Personal" vault. Then, I took a backup of the vault in Dropbox, then I disconected Dropbox and eliminated the other vault ("Principal"). Then, I made some minor changes( defined some favorites). When I went to "my.1password.com". The new favorites were magically already there: fantastic!. Now I am going to do the same in my PCs. Thanks again

• Frank
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @ingenierojgm - Fantastic news! Thank you for letting me know and I'm happy to hear that helped :-) Let us know if you run into any questions along the way, the door is always open. Enjoy the weekend.

ref: VQV-59499-967

This discussion has been closed.