Apply family licence file for a additional family member

uschon
uschon
Community Member

Hi,

I've purchased a 1Password family license in 2010 and upgrade it in 2013 to version 4 for Mac. Currently I'm using 1Password 6.
My son installed now his new computer and wanted to make use of the family licence. He loaded down 1Password from your website. I've sent him a mail with the license information.

He did download the 1Password license file. Located it in Finder and double-clicked it. It launched 1Password but and did't add the license. In
1Password there is no menu entry "1Password > License…". I have the same 1P version but this installation has the menu entry.

Thank you for your support
Urs

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.5.2 (652003) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @uschon,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help! Is it possible your son downloaded 1Password from the Mac App Store? He would have needed to purchase it there, so he probably wouldn't have done that if he knew he would be using the family license, but it would explain why there's no 'License' option in the 1Password menu.

If he downloaded 1Password from our website, it should always have 'Licenses' in the 1Password menu unless he is signed into a 1Password.com account in the app. A 1Password.com account activates the app so there's no need for a license. He can check that by opening 1Password on his Mac and going to 1Password > Preferences > Accounts. If there is an account listed on that tab, that explains why he isn't seeing the Licenses option.

Let us know what you're able to find out and if you need more help with that. Cheers! :)

• uschon
    uschon
    Community Member

Hi Drew, thank you very much for your support. It worked!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, I'm happy to hear that helped! If you need anything else, we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.