Lock and unlock sounds

schelling
schelling
Community Member

Is there a way to turn off the "lock" and "unlock" in the desktop version of 1P?

1Password Version: 1Password 6
Extension Version: Version 6.5.3
OS Version: OS X 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:notifications

Comments

• @schelling,

I just took a trip through the source code and i'm not seeing anywhere that we're playing sounds for lock and unlock; I had to go look because i could have sworn that those sounds existed. Are you certain you're running 1Password 6.5.3 and don't have a remnant of 1Password 3 floating around?

Rudy

• schelling
    schelling
    Community Member

Hi Rudy,

You could be right. I'm on a bit of a snipe hunt here, since I'm getting this annoying sound every once in a while as I'm working on my Mac (it's a new iMac, but I was getting the sound periodically on my old MacPro as well — both, naturally, are running 1Password).

It sounds kind of like a lock, so I thought it might be 1P. Specifically, I thought it was when "the window" closed on 1P mini. (The grace period you have before having to enter the master password again.)

I'm going to test a little more and get back to you.

Thanks,
    Gary

• schelling
    schelling
    Community Member

Hi Rudy,
    So, it doesn't seem to be 1P: I played around with the time out settings to get the "lock" to fire sooner, and that's definitely NOT what's causing the sound AFAIK.

Thanks for the quick response, and enjoy your weekend.

Cheers,
    Gary

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know! I hope you're able to figure out what's making that sound, I'm sure it must be annoying to keep hearing it sporadically.

I hope you have a great weekend too, and please let us know if you have more questions about 1Password! :)

This discussion has been closed.