Cannot sign in on newly installed Mac app with login from my iOS app

tcanavan852
tcanavan852
Community Member

Recently downloaded trial version of 1password for iOS on my iPhone7. Love it, so decided today to purchase the iOS subscription and also the app for my Mac. Installed it on Mac and tried to Login as "Used 1Password before" , 1Passord.com. Once I enter Account details and click Sign In, I get a Invalid Login Information message. I've tried multiple times using both the scanned code and manual entry. I want to sync the two apps, probably through iCloud, unless you recommend differently. I already have some passwords loaded in the phone app that I'm hoping will now sync to the Mac when it's working right.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.12.3
Sync Type: TBD
Referrer: forum-search:Invalid login information message

Comments

• tcanavan852
    tcanavan852
    Community Member

SOLVED the problem! I was using the incorrect master password.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, @tcanavan852! I'm glad to hear you figured out the problem and that it's working for you now.

Just to follow up on something you mentioned in your first post:

I want to sync the two apps, probably through iCloud, unless you recommend differently.

You're using a 1Password.com account, so your data automatically syncs via our own servers. So you don't need to worry about configuring sync with iCloud or any other third party sync service. If you need to use 1Password on another device, just sign into your account from the 1Password app, and your data will download automatically. (You may have already figured that out on your own, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.)

Please let us know if you need anything else. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.