Location of backed up vault (situation is different from other posts)

michaelrbrown
michaelrbrown
Community Member

Hello,

I know you can open up the client and see where the backup vault location is. However, here is the issue: at this very moment, I don't have a client installed. My laptop was stolen the other day with 1Password installed. I unfortunately did not sign up for on-line syncing of my vault. I was under the impression that our corporate backup was backing everything up on our laptop......it is not! The applications and the library folders were not being backed up; hence, why at the moment, I don't have a 1password client. I will reinstall, however, before I do that, I would like to know where the default location of the vault backup is, by the off chance that I can recover it. I don't want to re-install until -- if there is an old backup -- that I can save that off some place and not have the new install wipe out the backup.

Cheers,
Michael

1Password Version: 5. something I think
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @michaelrbrown,

I'm sorry to say that it sounds like you've possibly lost your data as the backups along with all the rest of 1Password's support data are located inside of ~/Library. I can see why they might not back it up, but really, that's where all your user specific settings and support files are for pretty much every single application you use. The location of the backup archives depends on which version of 1Password you were using.

Mac App Store:
    ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Backups

Agilebits Web Store:
    ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/Backups

Rudy

• michaelrbrown
    michaelrbrown
    Community Member

Cheers Rudy. That is what I was afraid of. Damn.

• @michaelrbrown,

Did you happen to sync your vaults to dropbox? that might be a source of data recovery if you had that setup.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.