How can I change the display font in the 1Password interface (OS X desktop version)?

Agron3768
Agron3768
Community Member

I'd like to see information in 1Password displayed with a font other than the standard sans-serif face (Helvetica?). Courier (for example) would clearly indicate whether a character is a lowercase l or a numeral 1. This would be useful when I print out credentials for a login for my wife to use.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Wi-Fi
Referrer: forum-search:font

Comments

• csmoran9
    csmoran9
    Community Member

Greetings agron,

at this time, it is not possible to change this. The discrepancy for 1 and I should still be noticeable but from previous posts I have seen regarding UI, the 1Password team will always take suggestions.

Cheers,
    Conor

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@Agron3768 The actual password field does distinguish individual characters quite well. Easy to tell an "l" from a "1" or a "O" from a "0". Unfortunately, if you export the database for printing (say to TextEdit), you fall prey to the defaults of that app. You also may not see it, but in the password field, numbers are colored blue and symbols are colored red. I know that's not much help if you're printing on a B&W printer.
    HTH

• notlad
    notlad
    Community Member

Hi @Agron3768,

It's currently not possible to change the font type used in 1Password. As @vplewis mentioned, the password field does a good job of distinguishing individual characters. One other feature that you may find useful is the large type option in the dropdown for the password field. When you click on large type, the password will be enlarged quite a bit and still use multiple colors to differentiate numbers and symbols from the other text.

I hope this helps!

• Hi @Agron3768,

Hopefully the answers given by the other forum members were helpful. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Rudy

• Agron3768
    Agron3768
    Community Member

Thanks, guys. Of course, using the browser plugin or the Large Type option in the app is preferable, but when sharing a login, printing an entry in color is probably the best way to avoid confusion in my situation.

• Yeah, making those clearer is something that we'd like to do. Hopefully we find the time to do so in a future version.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.