i give up I need my account key to sign in so I can look up my account key Coolblvd

coolblvd
coolblvd
Community Member

I am trying to sync my mac air and my mini pad so I can have 1password on both devices. apparently I need my account key. I can't find it anywhere. I have seldom used 1password because it confuses me and I have no agile bits personnel I can talk to.

1Password Version: 6.0
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:i can't sign in without an account key

Comments

• csmoran9
    csmoran9
    Community Member

Hi coolblvd,

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue. I am going to include a link that will give you instructions on how to retrieve your key ([https://support.1password.com/account-key/]). The AgileBits crew are usually quick to respond so they may see this before I am done typing. If you still have any issues after trying the directions provided in the link just reply back here.

Cheers,
    Conor

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @coolblvd,

If you have any trouble opening the link from csmoran9's message, please try this one instead: If you can't find your Account Key or account code

Hopefully that helps! However, I also noticed you said you sync your 1Password data via iCloud. If so, you would actually need to choose a different option when setting up the 1Password app. If you're being asked for information including an Account Key, that means you chose the option to sign into a 1Password.com account. Instead, if you sync 1Password with iCloud, you'll need to go back and choose iCloud during the setup procedure.

I hope that helps, but if you have more questions, please let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.