To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I just opened a family account. Can I port my personal data to the Shared account?

Options
skycowboy
skycowboy
Community Member

I want

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• skycowboy
    skycowboy
    Community Member
    Options

I am looking at accounts as a solution for for having 2 or three people using the same data (Myself, wife and possibly adult children). I have two personal accounts setup under a family account, but would like to put all of the data in the shared account. It seems that will be the best solution for cross platform and many multiple devices.

All logins etc. are shared.

Thanks

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @skycowboy - Thanks for getting in touch. :)

As you're already on a Family plan you have everything you need for a setup like that. There are only two things to do as far as I can see:

• Move your data from your Personal vault(s) to your Family's Shared vault. This vault is accessible by all family members.
    • Invite your children to the account. They will have access to the Shared vault right after setting up their accounts.

One of the great perks of having a Family account is that Family members can help each other recover, in case any member ever loses access to their account. Just make sure that there are at least two Family Organizers so you cover all your bases.

Please let us know if you need anything else. We’ll be happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.