Feature request: Display last four digits of Credit Card numbers on 1Password Mini menu

alanhoyle
alanhoyle
Community Member

In the main list view of 1Password's main window, any credit cards displayed look something like this:

ACME Visa
4123 **** 4567
Generic Store Card
6789 **** 0123

This use useful as there are many sites that display the last four digits of a saved card when asking me to enter the PIN, and this lets me confirm which card to use quickly from the list display.

Since I store the PIN in 1Password, it would be useful if the last four digits of the card were also displayed in the 1Password Mini menu. Currently it just displays the overall name field like so:

ACME Visa
Generic Store Card

It would be more useful to see something like this in the menu:

ACME Visa (...4567)
Generic Store Card (...0123)

A work-around would be to go and change all of the names of all of my cards, but since I'm already entering the card numbers once, and 1Password is doing this kind of parsing anyway, having it display in this other place would be great.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• csmoran9
    csmoran9
    Community Member

I wonder if they do not do this for security reasons. Maybe they feel even listing the last 4 digits is not secure enough.

• alanhoyle
    alanhoyle
    Community Member

@csmoran9, Per my post above, they already display this data in the clear on the 1Password main window, just not in the 1Password Mini menu. The only time that the data would be visible is at a time when 1Password is unlocked and whomever is sitting at the computer could access everything already.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @alanhoyle,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your suggestion! I'm not aware of any current plans to add something like that, and I can't promise whether or not we'll add in the future, but I can certainly see how it might be helpful in your case.

Thanks again, we appreciate hearing what would make 1Password more helpful for you! If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. Cheers! :)

• IvanExpert
    IvanExpert
    Community Member

I like this idea, and related, I'd actually like to request that the full credit card number be fully or partially hidden like the security code is, since the credit card number + expiration date, without the security code, is sufficient for sites such as Amazon. I don't always want my whole credit card number on plain display just because I roll over that credit card number in 1P Mini. If anything, I'd say the credit card number itself deserves obscuring more than the security code does.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know, @IvanExpert! I'll forward your feedback to our developers. :)

ref: OPM-2687

This discussion has been closed.