i launch safari on my mac and i get agilbits.inc come up with "The connection to 1Password was prevu

rawgaj
rawgaj
Community Member

Why does Agilebits open when i launch Safari. with a box saying "looking for the 1Password app" The 1Password app must be installed for the extension to work properly . Then underneath the line and the red lock says "couldn't connect to 1Password Make sure you have the 1Password app installed if you"re still experiencing problems follow the simple steps on our support site or contact us " and then 2 boxes "try again and Learn More
other boxes also saying the connection to 1Password was previously declined> Would you like to attempt a new connection. Then a box with "Connect" and a hyperlink underneath in blue "what's this about?. if i click on the hyperlink it comes up with another box saying "for your privacy and security connections from the extension to 1Password must be authorised ???????

why do i keep getting all this trouble ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but if i think about all this i now realise that when i am creating a new password for something 1Password is not adding or correcting a password when i have had to change a password and it is not updating.
dont tell me to update my mac to os Sierra as my mac is a MBP 2011 and the new Sierra may slow it down so need to keep it at El Capitan.
please what is wrong. I have thought of deleting 1Password from my purchases from the (bought it from the apple store ) and then reinstalling it from the cloud ???? PLEASE HELP ............

1Password Version: 6.5.3.
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: El Capitan version 10.11.6
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:why do i get agile bits come up every time i start my safari?? i get a box

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rawgaj,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble with the 1Password extension in Safari! From your description, it sounds like something is blocking the connection between the extension and 1Password mini, or that perhaps 1Password mini isn't running. Let's start by checking the following setting:

• Open the main 1Password app and go to 1Password > Preferences in the menu bar.
    • Click the General tab.
    • Make sure the option for "Always keep 1Password Mini running" is enabled.

If that option was disabled, that might explain the problem. On the other hand, if it was already enabled, please open the main 1Password app and go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini in the menu bar. Once it restarts, try using the extension in your browser again. Does that help? If not, please reboot your Mac and try it again.

If you still have the same problem after that, please try the other suggestions here: If the 1Password extension isn't working in your browser

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

• rawgaj
    rawgaj
    Community Member

Hello Drew_AG
    Thank you for your help. I ended up uninstalling /deleting it from my purchases where i had purchased it in the Mac app store. Then downloaded from the cloud again and it seems to be working ok now. I have always had the 1Password mini in the toolbar.
    i will keep your email in case i get any probs again. I should have deleted it and reinstalled a long time ago but i have not been using my MBP for a while and have been away from home and using my phone and iPad but now back it was a problem once again and knew i had to do something and read up about it etc. I knew it wasn't working properly as if i add a new password it was not asking me did i want to save it etc etc etc .
    Thank you for your input
    regards Jean

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome, @rawgaj! It's not normally necessary to delete and reinstall the main 1Password app in order to solve a problem like that, but I'm glad it worked for you. Hopefully it all continues to work as it should from now on, but please let us know if you run into more problems or have any questions about 1Password. Cheers! :)

• rawgaj
    rawgaj
    Community Member

Couldn't remember my password to sign in to agilebits (wondered why 1Password hadn't saved it ....?? Unless I requested not now??) BUT thanks again.

However I signed in on iPhone today and can now see all these problems that other users are having that I was unable to see in my 2011 MBP . Still running El Capitan not updated to latest Sierra I think it is.
    Anyway Thanks again

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Drew, you're welcome! Be sure to let us know if there's anything else we can help with. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.