Restore back up button missing

Jim_aarmac
Jim_aarmac
Community Member

Our business once used 1 Password for all our passwords. We went through some changes and during reorganization I exported all the info.

I since just signed up and installed 1 PASSWORD 6 app so that I would be able to import the previous file.

I took the 1P4 zip file created from the previous export and when extracted the zip file created an sqlite file. When I attempt to do an import I do not have an option to select the newly created database file. After further reading I thought this file would work best as a back up restore.

When I go through preferences or file from the menus I can not find any such options for back up or back up restore.

Is there a reason I do not have a back up restore option?

What other way do I have to open/

Comments

• Hi @Jim_aarmac,

It sounds like you're possibly logged into a 1Password.com account, which hides the Sync, WLan server and Backup tabs as they aren't applicable under a 1Password.com account.

The only way to restore from that backup would be to turn on "allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password.com accounts" on the Advanced Tab in the Preferences window. Keep in mind that this will wipe out any logged in 1Password.com accounts and you will have to sign back into them.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.