1Password Version (653000) AgileBits Store and there seems NO way to manually sort favorites?

Tim_Smith
Tim_Smith
Community Member

Most to least
and
Least to most
The above are my sort choices. I'd really like to be able to manually sort my favorites as in previous versions.

Regards,

Tim

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 6.5.3
OS Version: OS Sierra 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I have 1Password version 1Password 6 Version 6.5.3 (653000) AgileBits Store and there seems NO way to manually sort the favorites? Help!

Comments

• notlad
    notlad
    Community Member

Hi @Tim_Smith,

As you mentioned, sorting your Favorites by most/least favorite are your only options in the dropdown menu. It's also possible to manually sort your Favorites by dragging the items to the order you want. There has been some discussion around this topic if you want to read more about it.

I hope this helps!

• Tim_Smith
    Tim_Smith
    Community Member

Hello Dalton,
    When you drag a favorite to where you want it in the list the favorite goes right back to it previously sorted location.
    I'd be happy to be wrong; however, this solution does not work for me.

• notlad
    notlad
    Community Member

That's interesting, @Tim_Smith. The order should stick when manually rearranging items. This may seem obvious, but do note that you can only manually drag items in the Favorites pane and not in the All Items pane. I figured it wouldn't hurt to mention just in case it was somehow overlooked.

I also tried to replicate the issue of the manual order not sticking, but wasn't able to replicate the issue as you described. When manually dragging each item, the order stuck every time.

I wish I could offer more help in resolving this issue for you!

• Tim_Smith
    Tim_Smith
    Community Member

Hello Dalton,
    I am dragging the items withing the favorites pane.... O'well it is what it is. I can live with it I just don't like it; however I'd guess that applies to many things in life.
    GREAT product Dalton, I really enjoy it's features.

• notlad
    notlad
    Community Member

It's hard to tell what the issue may be, @Tim_Smith. I put together a quick GIF to show you how I manually rearrange my Favorites and get their order to stick.

I'm not sure if that's helpful or not, but it's worth a shot :)

• Tim_Smith
    Tim_Smith
    Community Member

Thank you Dalton!

This is exactly what I'm doing... Is there a way to download "new" installation of 1Password without loosing my entries?

Regards,

Tim

• notlad
    notlad
    Community Member

@Tim_Smith - 1Password can be uninstalled without losing data as long as you don't use an app cleaner. To uninstall 1Password safely, drag the app from your Applications folder and into your Trash.

To reinstall 1Password, download the app from where you originally downloaded it. If you purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store, you can re-download it in the Purchased section. Otherwise, download it from the AgileBits webstore.

Let me know if reinstalling fixes your issue!

• Tim_Smith
    Tim_Smith
    Community Member

OK, thank you Dalton!
    I believe I purchased it from the AgileBits Webstore.
    Regards,
    Tim

• Tim_Smith
    Tim_Smith
    Community Member

Hello Dalton,
    I did as you instructed and no joy!
    You are welcome, if you're running on a Mac, to sign onto my Mac and watch it in action.
    Regards,
    Tim
    tim@smith43.com

• Hi @Tim_Smith,

Are you in All Vaults by chance? That feature isn't available while in All Vaults as ordering of favorites is relative to items within the vault and in All Vaults the concept sort of falls on its face.

Rick

• Tim_Smith
    Tim_Smith
    Community Member

Hello Rick,

Pardon my ignorance, however, I have no idea what "Vault" I'm in and your online help only gives me:
    - New Vault
    - New Demo Vault
    - Delete Vault
    None of which tell me which vault I'm even in. (no laughing please) :blush:

I do believe you are absolutely on the correct path if I could now just get on that path.

Thank you for jumping in Rick!

Regards,
    Tim

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Tim_Smith,

If you don't have the option to switch to a different vault, that means you only have one vault. In that case, you won't have the "All Vaults" view, and you won't see the name of that vault unless you go to Preferences > Sync (it will show the name of your vault as "Primary"). Sorry for the confusion about that!

So, if you only have one vault (and therefore don't have an "All Vaults" view), you should definitely be able to reorder your Favorites by dragging them. In one of dalton's messages, he included a gif of what that should look like. When you try to drag a Favorite item to a different position, do you see a blue line appear in that position, like in the gif?

• Tim_Smith
    Tim_Smith
    Community Member

Hello Drew_AG,

I am very familiar with Dalton's method of arranging my 1Password items as this method "used" to work for me. BTW I always had TWO vaults, All Vaults and Primary. I added T. D. Smith just to see if it would work for me. No joy.

I now have THREE vaults:
    1 - All Vaults
    2 - Primary
    3 - T. D. Smith

Perhaps the .gif will show you why I'm frustrated.

That said I can live with this as 1Password is a great product.

Regards,

Tim

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Tim_Smith,

Thank you very much for the gif! Yes, I can definitely see how that is frustrating for you. I've been looking into this, and it turns out there is a known issue which has been causing this to happen for a few customers. I apologize for the inconvenience! Our developers hope to address this one way or another in a future update, although I don't have more details about that right now.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer or more information for you about this issue. But if you need anything else or have more questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

• Tim_Smith
    Tim_Smith
    Community Member

Hello Drew,

That's a great answer! Communicating with an honest developer is refreshing! I look forward to the fix.

While I have your attention, I have an off subject question. Is there any way to sync my Primary and T. D. Smith vaults?

Thank you, Drew!

Tim

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2017

@Tim_Smith: To be clear, I don't think we'll be able to "fix" this since it's a bit of a limited edge case, but we have some ideas on how to improve Favorites overall in the future. Your feedback on this definitely helps as we develop future versions of 1Password.

Regarding you sync question, I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind syncing between two separate vaults on the same computer. It seems like it would be simpler to "cut out the middleman" so to speak and condense your data into a single vault — which of course will always be in sync with itself. But if you can elaborate on what you're trying to do maybe I can offer other suggestions. :)

This discussion has been closed.