To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

A Print question

Options
DAKunes
DAKunes
Community Member

Is there a way for me to do a print dump of all my passwords, so that I can keep a paper copy in a safe in my home?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Question....is their an easy way to do a print dump of all my passwords to keep in a safe?

Comments

• Hi @DAKunes - Great question! Yes, but you have to print them out one at a time. There is no way to print the entire list at once. Click on the share button that looks like an arrow pointing up. See the screenshot below to clarification on how to do this -

Let me know if you have any additional questions. Enjoy the rest of your day!

• notlad
    notlad
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @DAKunes,

Keeping a paper copy is a good idea! Are you using any of the 1Password apps, such as 1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows? 1Password for Mac makes it easy to print all of your 1Password entries. Just go to File > Print.

If you're using 1Password for Windows, you can export your data to a CSV file and print that. I don't believe there's a built in way to print directly from the app.

I hope this helps!

• Thank you for the assistance @dalton - I forgot about the File > Print option within 1Password for Mac. :+1:

• DAKunes
    DAKunes
    Community Member
    Options

Thx Dalton.....much appreciated!

• DAKunes
    DAKunes
    Community Member
    Options

TY Frank as well.

• Hi @DAKunes - I'm glad that helped! Just make sure you keep this in a safe place :+1: Let us know if you have any further questions.

• notlad
    notlad
    Community Member
    Options

Happy to help, @DAKunes and @Frank :) Have a great day!

• Ben
    Options

Just to add -- we don't generally recommend this approach. Most people have at least 50 items in 1Password, and each item may take a half or whole sheet of paper. It is extremely paper intensive. Plus items in 1Password are subject to frequent change, requiring re-printing. And since we don't just print one item per page (and an item may spill over to a 2nd page with other items on it) this can get very unruly very quickly. A digital backup is likely going to be much more efficient and effective. Do you really want to be faced with the proposition of typing all of this information in from paper backups if something were to happen? :)

1Password backups

Ben

• DAKunes
    DAKunes
    Community Member
    Options

Thx Ben....I have bagged the idea......good points!

• Great point @Ben :-) Thank you for letting us know @DAKunes, I will make sure to give Ben a high-five the next time I see him.

This discussion has been closed.