Restore from old version backup

Karen_gardens
Karen_gardens
Community Member
edited February 2017 in Mac

My wife changed her password after upgrading from version 4 to 6. She lost her new password. When I restored from the oldest version autogenerated backup it was still after she changed her password. When I try to restore from a version 4 backup in the Library directory there was no file that 1Password would open.

Path= ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/backups
(1Password 2016-12-03 18_09_09 (1 profiles, 113 items, 1 folders, 0 attachments).1p4_zip)

1Password Version:4 and 6
Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: 10.122
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Karen_gardens
    Karen_gardens
    Community Member

Thanks for the answer. I tried a restore from the file menu. I went to the version 4 backup folder and found the most recent version 4 file (~/library/application support/1Password 4/backups) 1Password 2016-12-03 18_09_09 (1 profiles, 113 items, 1 folders, 0 attachments).1p4_zip. This won't open.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Karen_gardens,

I noticed you also posted in another discussion about this problem, so I moved it to this thread you had already opened.

Are you trying to open the .1p4_zip file directly from the Finder? If so, that won't work. Instead, to restore your 1Password data from one of the backups, just open 1Password and go to File > Restore, then select the backup you want to restore and click the Restore button. (You don't need to open the folder where they are stored.)

Does that help? If I misunderstood the problem, please let us know. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.