Installed 1password and came with a MasterPassword

brianmoyano
brianmoyano
Community Member

Hi, this weekend i purchased 1password, and installed it successfully on my personal Macbook and Android device.

Today when i installed it on my work Mac Mini, it came with a Master Password which isn't mine (I already tried it) and when i go into preferences, there's no account and no vaults, and it won't let me add an account.

So, what should i do?

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• brianmoyano
    brianmoyano
    Community Member

Edit: I logged in into 1password via Googe Chrome, and the 1password app asked me if i want to add this account (my account) into the 1password app, and asks me for a Master Password, which isn't mine, again!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @brianmoyano,

Sorry it took some extra time for us to reply!

If 1Password asked you to unlock it with a master password the very first time you opened it, that means someone must have used 1Password on that Mac before and their data is still there. You can reset the app on that Mac to remove their data, and then it will allow you to set it up with your own. To do that, open the 1Password app on your work Mac and go to Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data. After following the on-screen instructions, the next time you launch 1Password 6 will be like running it for the first time.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you need anything else. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.