MacOS new install master password i81n?

hbt
hbt
Community Member

MacOS Sierra 10.12.3, 1Password 6.5.3, new install this morning (2/14) right after MacOS system update. Added Thai as a second language. Upon opening 1Password and selecting New Install, the menu bar language icon flips back to 'US English' if it is set to Thai. Cannot enter a master password in anything but US English. Did the same drill on an ipad set for the same two languages about 9 months ago, it worked. That ipad died, thus the move to the macbook pro and I can't retest or give ios version specifics, sorry.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: MacOS 10.12.3
Sync Type: n/a

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hbt,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the keyboard language setting on your Mac!

This behavior isn't specific to 1Password - it's the way the Mac operating system works when a secure input field (i.e. a password field) is selected. For example, you should see the same thing happen when you're prompted to enter your Mac user password to unlock settings in System Preferences (like in 'Security & Privacy' or 'Users & Groups') or file/folder permissions in the Finder. It will also happen when a secure input field is selected in other apps or websites. (This happens with other languages as well, not just Thai.)

I suspect this might be happening because US English was selected first, and then you added Thai as a second language. But I'm unsure how to change that. Because this is a function of the operating system, you may want to contact Apple to ask about that. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you! If you do contact Apple, we'd be interested to find out what they say.

If you have more questions about 1Password, please don't hesitate to let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.