Fingerprint Scanning No Longer Works

pookiebadmuffin
pookiebadmuffin
Community Member
edited February 2017 in Android

As of this morning, fingerprint scanning no longer works on my Google Pixel. Opening the app, the fingerprint window immediately shakes, indicating a bad scan - even though I never placed my finger on the scanner. When I do place my finger on the scanner, I get the same result. Fingerprint scanning still works elsewhere on my Pixel - device unlock, other apps that use it. Cleaning the scanner does nothing to fix this. Rebooting my device does nothing to fix this. Restarting the app does nothing to fix this. Manually entering the password and then going to Settings to rescan my fingerprint does the same thing: the fingerprint window immediately shakes saying the fingerprint scan failed even though I have yet to put my finger on the scanner. It refuses every attempts and then says it failed.

This is INCREDIBLY annoying. When will it be fixed?

(Uninstalling/reinstalling 1Password doesn't fix the problem either)

1Password for Android 6.5.1
Android 7.1.1 (patch level Feb 5, 2017)

1Password Version: 6.5.1
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: Android 7.1.1
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• pookiebadmuffin
    pookiebadmuffin
    Community Member

Follow-up:

Uninstalled/reinstalled (again), opened and linked vault (again), closed the app, restarted device, opened the app, went to Settings > Security > Enabled Fingerprint unlocked, rescan of fingerprinting now works.

• Hi @pookiebadmuffin. Thanks for reporting this issue. I'm glad to hear that you were able to get Fingerprint Unlock working again! Let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.