Why does 1P not offer to autofill my e-mail address on web pages?

AnCatMara
AnCatMara
Community Member

Hi!

Sometimes on web pages I am asked for my email address. If I remember correctly, when I used Dashlane, a little icon would appear which would enable me to choose and autofill my email address. Is there an equivalent feature in 1P? If not, there should be!

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:e-mail autofill

Comments

• stevelack
    stevelack
    Community Member

Hi AnCatMara,

You can use the Identities feature to fill in email addresses on any online forms.
    Use the Identities feature to set up multiple identities and select the one you want to use to fill in the form from the Identities menu of 1Password.

When setting up multiple Identities you can rename them to reflect the information. I have a business Identity and a personal Identity.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AnCatMara,

I hope stevelack's answer was helpful for you! I wanted to let you know you can find some more information about that on our support site here: Use 1Password to save and fill credit cards and addresses

If you have more questions or need help with 1Password, don't hesitate to let us know. Cheers! :)

• AnCatMara
    AnCatMara
    Community Member

Thank you both for replying. I will know next time how to fill in my address, but I still think that the Dashlane and Safari solutions are neater and faster...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for the feedback! I can't speak to other companies' products, but our priority with 1Password is security. There are some very real concerns when it comes to things like autofill, so 1Password requires that the user initiate interaction with the page to avoid the pitfall of sensitive information (not all of us want our email addresses squirted into strange webpages) being entered. I think there's always room for improvement though, without needing to be promiscuous. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.