I have inadvertently removed 1Passowrd from my mac book pro! I dont have account details!! Help!

johndmcb
johndmcb
Community Member

I have inadvertently removed 1Passowrd from my mac book pro! I dont have account details!! When I double click on the 1Password icon in myApplications folder it asks me for 1) sign-in address; email address; account key; and master password. The only thing I know is my email address. This has never happened before and I am lost without the app!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have inadvertently removed 1Passowrd from my mac book pro! I dont have account details!! Help!

Comments

• johndmcb
    johndmcb
    Community Member

Mac OS Sierra Version 10.12.3
    Latest version of 1Password
    Do not know what "Sync Type" means or what "Extension Version" means

• stevelack
    stevelack
    Community Member

Hi JohnDmcb,

Have you tried the steps outlined here? https://support.1password.com/account-key/

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @johndmcb,

Hopefully the support article from stevelack's reply helps, and I also wanted to reiterate something that article explains, which is that you'll only have an Account Key (and sign-in address) if you've signed up for a 1Password.com subscription account (that's a new service we introduced last year).

So, it sounds like you chose the option to sign into a 1Password.com account, which is why it's asking you for information like an Account Key. If you don’t have an account on 1Password.com, you just need to go back and choose a different option from the first setup screen. For example, if you had been syncing your 1Password data via Dropbox, select 'Dropbox' on that first screen (under "Used 1Password before?").

If you had not been syncing your 1Password data (or if you don't remember), do you happen to use 1Password on any other devices, and is your data still in 1Password on those devices?

It might also help if you can give us some details about how you "inadvertently removed" 1Password from your Mac. What exactly did you do which caused your data to be removed? Were you deleting any files/folders from the ~/Library/ folder? Did you use an app cleaning utility? Did you use the "Reset All 1Password Data" option in 1Password? Anything you can tell us about what happened might be helpful. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.