My primary vault on mac and iPad are not syncing to iOS phone with updated passwords.

ninergirl
ninergirl
Community Member

My IOS phone 1password is up to date and syncs with my agile keychain (primary) and additional vault in Dropbox. The issue I have is that my Mac and iPad 1password primary vaults are older and not updating. I have tried to "sync" on all devices but cannot change this outcome. I also disabled my primary vault on my Mac from Dropbox and reconnected. It did not solve my issue.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:My primary vault on mac and iPad are not syncing to iOS phone with updated passwords.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ninergirl,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble syncing between all 3 of your devices!

First, it looks like you might be using an older version of 1Password on your Mac (you indicated 6.3.3, but the latest version is 6.5.3). I don't know if that's related to the problem or not, but please install the latest update to see if it makes any difference. If you're using the AgileBits Store version of 1Password for Mac, open the main 1Password app and go to 1Password > Check for Updates in the menu bar. If you're using the Mac App Store version, open the Mac App Store and check the Updates section.

If you have the latest version installed but sync still isn't working, let's check some settings in 1Password on your Mac, iPad, and iPhone:

On your Mac:

• Open 1Password and go to 1Password > Preferences in the menu bar.
    • Click the Sync tab.
    • Make sure it shows your Primary vault is set to sync with Dropbox.
    • If it shows a different sync option or says None, set up sync with Dropbox by following the steps here: Sync with Dropbox (Mac)
    • If Dropbox is already enabled in the sync preferences, check the file name and file path for the sync file in Dropbox.

On your iPhone and iPad:

• Open 1Password and go to Settings > Sync > Primary.
    • Make sure it shows the Sync Service is Dropbox.
    • If it shows a different sync service or says Start Syncing, set up sync with Dropbox by following the steps here: Sync with Dropbox (iOS)
    • If Dropbox is already enabled in the sync settings, tap "Sync Service" and check the file name and file path for the sync file in Dropbox (underneath Current Sync Method / Dropbox).

If the problem is that your Mac and iPad are syncing with a different sync file than your iPhone, you'll need to disable the sync, then set it up again and choose the correct sync file.

Let us know how it goes and what you find, thanks!

• ninergirl
    ninergirl
    Community Member

Drew,
    I was able to disable the sync, then re-sync to the agile keychain for the primary vault. Its possible when I was updating some logins before that I did not realize at the time that I was saving that particular login to my second vault I share with someone. I definitely need to clean up some of my duplicate logins. Thank you for your detailed help! Much appreciated! Linda Richardson!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, thanks for letting us know! I'm glad it's working for you now. Hopefully you're all set, but if you have more questions or need anything else, we're here for you. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.