One site, two entries

BlueFrog
BlueFrog
Community Member

1Password running latest Sierra and using Voiceover.

I have one bank site that requires entering user ID and password separately so I created two entries.

I am reluctant to keep working at figuring out how to do this for fear I may get locked out due to too many attempts.

First, I get the two choices that pop up for me to select and execute one of the two entries. How do I navigate this with Voiceover? Do I want Quick Nav on or off for this?

The user ID entry requires I press the login button manually. I have not been able to figure out how to edit this entry. The password entry (second entry) works fine once I activate it.

Its too hit and miss while I get a handle on this so hopefully you can provide an answer, Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BlueFrog,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help! Have you tried using a single Login item that contains both the username and password for your bank's website? Even if you need to enter them on different pages of that site, a single Login item will often work for both. You can edit one of those items so it contains both your username and password. On the website, use the 1Password extension to choose that same Login item two times: once on the page that asks for your username, then again on the page that asks for your password.

In case it helps, we have more information in this support article: Sign in to websites with username and password split across multiple pages

As for auto-submit not working when you fill your username on that site, that is correct behavior. Auto-submit only works after filling a password field. If the first page of the sign-in form only has a username field, 1Password will fill it but will not be able to automatically submit the form. You'll need to either click the submit button yourself, or press return/enter on your keyboard.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have trouble with that. Cheers! :)

• BlueFrog
    BlueFrog
    Community Member

Following the suggested article made this much easier. Thanks for that.

Understand auto submit too. But now, after submitting the password, auto submit did not work. Still, made progress.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2017

@BlueFrog: In some cases website design, bad interactions with other software, or bugs in 1Password itself can prevent Autosubmit from working properly. Can you tell me more about where you're encountering this issue: OS, 1Password, browser, and extension version, along with the URL? There may be something we can do to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.