1password Login Menu Shoved Far Right

jasondunn
jasondunn
Community Member
edited February 2017 in Mac

Sometimes, but not all of the time, I see this strange issue where the menu for 1password is shoved far to the right instead of being inside the Chrome window. I can't figure out a pattern. Sometimes I break off a Chrome window and move it to the right side of my iMac screen, but in every instance this has happened there's no Chrome window there. I have exactly one Chrome window open when this issue has occurred.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jasondunn,

Thanks for writing in to ask about this! There are some things that can cause the 1Password mini window to appear somewhere other than expected. But in general, if the browser is the foremost app, the 1Password extension is installed, and you never manually dragged the 1Password mini window to another position, it should appear at the extension icon in the browser. But under certain circumstances, it might open near the 1Password mini icon in your Mac's menu bar. Is it possible that's what is happening in your screenshot?

It also depends on whether you click on the extension/mini icon or if you use the keyboard shortcut. Clicking on the icon should always open it there. If you ever dragged the mini window to a non-default location, using the keyboard shortcut should open it in that same non-default location.

It's tricky to have that window always open at the exact same location since there are various things that can cause it to change, but in general, that's how it should work. Does that help to explain its behavior at all?

This discussion has been closed.