Unlink a secondary vault, but not delete it from file system (inside dropbox)

bvanheesch
bvanheesch
Community Member

I have 2 vaults on my Mac. I want to unlink a non-primary vault from the OS-X 1P application but not delete the Local.opvault directory/content. How do I do this?

The scenario is that I have a vault that occasionally I want to access and modify on a my Mac, but in general do not want it accessible.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:unlink vault

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bvanheesch,

1Password stores your data locally in an SQLite database file on your Mac. If you sync a vault with Dropbox, the data from that vault is copied to a sync file (in your case, a .opvault bundle) in the local Dropbox folder on your Mac. If you delete the vault from the 1Password app, that removes it from the SQLite database, but the .opvault file will still be in Dropbox. So if you really want to, you can delete your secondary vault from the 1Password app and add it again in the future (by double-clicking the .opvault file in your Dropbox folder).

However, I'm curious why you would want to do that? Even if you don't need to view or use the data in that secondary vault very often, you don't need to remove it from 1Password - you can simply ignore it until you need it. If you normally use the 'All Vaults' view in 1Password, you can exclude your secondary vault from that view in 1Password > Preferences > All Vaults. It's up to you of course, but I was curious.

Please let us know if you have more questions about that. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.