move items from one to other kategories in same vault

Options
Alero
Alero
Community Member

Hi,

is it possible to move items from "logins" to for example Bankaccounts in the same vault?
And how can i setup my destination off the Password file (Vallt) I want to see (on an ipad) where it is stored (Ipad, Cloud etc..).

regards
Alero

1Password Version: 6.51
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Alero,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

is it possible to move items from "logins" to for example Bankaccounts in the same vault?

To answer this question it may help to give a little background.

Categories, for all intents and purposes, are templates. Templates that define what fields are required for a particular item. For example, a Login template will have things like a username, password, URL, etc. Stuff that you need in order to... well, login. Bank account templates on the other hand are very different. They have fields like bank account number, routing number, local branch phone number, etc. Stuff that doesn't necessarily apply to a Login, and vice versa.

As such, no, it is not possible to change the category of an item, as the information on the current item wouldn't fit into the template of the new category. There is no "username" field on a bank account template, for example. In most cases for something like a bank account you're actually going to have two items: one Login item which you use to access your online account with the bank, and one bank account item which contains the details about the account itself.

For your second question:

And how can i setup my destination off the Password file (Vallt) I want to see (on an ipad) where it is stored (Ipad, Cloud etc..).

I apologize but I'm just not understanding what you're asking here. Could you please elaborate?

Ben

• Alero
    Alero
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    to first question:
    i thought that i can sort my "logins" in categories. Like a login for a forum (sort to cat forum), or a login for my online banking sort to cat Banking). As far i understand the cats are only templates.

second question:
    i want to setup/change the destination of my database on my ipad, but i didnt find the setting.

alero

• Ben
    Options

i thought that i can sort my "logins" in categories. Like a login for a forum (sort to cat forum), or a login for my online banking sort to cat Banking). As far i understand the cats are only templates.

You can do that with tags (e.x. tag all logins that are for forums with a 'forum' tag), but there is no forum category / template.

i want to setup/change the destination of my database on my ipad, but i didnt find the setting.

If you're looking to change how / where you are syncing your 1Password data please see this guide:

Sync your 1Password data

Ben

This discussion has been closed.