Filter on OSX application behaves 'strangely'

stuntboots
stuntboots
Community Member

Hi there!

I use 1Password on both Windows and OSX, and one thing I've noticed on OSX is that the search bar seems to search every field, not just item names. The result being, if I want to locate my email password (for example), the email is used as a login in the majority of my entries, and as such the search field loses its purpose.

Is this intended behaviour? As in the Windows version it seems to only search by item name.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@stuntboots: As you point out, the Windows app works a bit differently, but we're working to make the experience more consistent going forward. It sounds like you've actually select the "Search All Fields" option under the magnifying glass:

"Search Major Fields" is the default, and it sounds like that's the behaviour you actually want. I hope this helps! :)

• stuntboots
    stuntboots
    Community Member

Oh, strange! I must have accidentally changed it. Thanks for that!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@stuntboots: No problem! I think for the most part it's good that these options are a bit hidden there so we don't mess with them and make a mess for ourselves...but I'll be the first to admit that I've fiddled with them, later forgotten that I had, and then ran into issues just like you did — which is why I knew right off the bat where to look. Cheers! :lol:

This discussion has been closed.