Validation failed: OSStatus error -67050 updating to version 6.5.4

BarryBurek
BarryBurek
Community Member

I got the update message that version 6.5.4 is available. Clicked download and update, but after extracting the archive, I got the same message again, to download and install. Clicked again, clicked update, got the same message again. Each time it downloaded the update. Clicked try again, got this message: Validation failed: OSStatus error -67050

I also tried force-quitting 1Password mini to complete the operation, but got the same results.

So I restarted the computer and the 1Password mini did not start. Tried opening 1Password and got the error 1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini. Went to https://support.1password.com/error-connect-to-mini/ and found the terminal command xattr -d -r -s com.apple.quarantine '/Applications/1Password 6.app'. Ran the command, tried opening 1Password and again got the error: 1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini.

Restarted again, 1Password mini did not launch on its own, tried to open 1Password and got the 1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini message again. Browser extensions don't work, either, Couldn’t connect to 1Password, and 1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini.

So for now I am 1Password-less on this Mac!

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90, 4.6.2.90, 4.6.3
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:error 67050

Comments

• tmbwood
    tmbwood
    Community Member

I get this message: Validation failed. The operation couldn't be completed. (OSStatus error - 67050.)

1Password Version: 6.3.5
    Extension Version: 4.6.3
    OS Version: 10.11.6
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• tmbwood
    tmbwood
    Community Member

I am having the exact same problem and have the same OS as you. Frustrating!

• BarryBurek
    BarryBurek
    Community Member

At least it's repeatable! Small consolation though.

• Hi @BarryBurek and @tmbwood! Sorry about that. We've published a knowledge base article to help you manually update 1Password for Mac, as the automatic update in this case will not work:

How to manually update 1Password for Mac

Please give that a read, and let us know if you have any questions at all. :)

• BarryBurek
    BarryBurek
    Community Member

Great, thanks @Jacob. Worked perfectly!
    1Password 6
    Version 6.5.5 (655000)
    AgileBits Store

• All,

A more technical blog post is coming that describes how this error fits into the events of this past weekend. Basically when the expired signing certificate was renewed Apple changed the complete signature string to something new ( a new format) and our Updater was checking for our old one. Which failed the code signature verification check and the updater would then refuse to update the application.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.