Updating issues

xiamenese
xiamenese
Community Member
edited February 2017 in Mac

I was hit by the "Can't open 1Password Mini" problem following installation of the latest 6.6.1 beta. I followed the instructions on the FAQ—I had to download 6.5.5 twice and restart the computer twice before I was able to re-open 1Password. With 6.5.5 installed, I now get update alerts for a new beta, but, it says in red that it can't be installed automatically and that one must download it from a link provided and install it manually. No problem, except what is downloaded is 6.5.5 and I again get the same update alert.

So something is wrong there.

Late 2010 MacBook Air, MacOS 10.12.3, 1Password Extension 4.6.3, Sync type Dropbox.

Mark

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @xiamenese,

The release notes are in the process of being updated. It should be pointing you at https://app-updates.agilebits.com/download/OPM4/Y to get the latest beta.

Rudy

• xiamenese
    xiamenese
    Community Member

Thanks, Rudy. It was necessary to delete the existing 6.5.5 and then install 6.6.1b3; installing it to replace 6.5.5 brought up the 1Password Mini alert again. It might be useful to make that clear in the notes on the update pane.

Mark

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Sorry for the trouble, @xiamenese! I'm glad to hear you were able to get things sorted out. Hopefully it's not something you (or anyone else) will need to worry about again. But if you have more questions or run into other problems, please be sure to let us know. Enjoy the rest of your week! :)

This discussion has been closed.