1Password sluggishness

seeemef
seeemef
Community Member

Hello.

I find the interface to be generally sluggish.

For instance, when I switch back to 1Password and mouse-over a few passwords, it's a second or two to show the Copy buttons, and Activity Monitor shows CPU going to 80% for four or five seconds.

For another example, when I press Command-F to Find, then CPU goes to 100% for four seconds before my cursor is placed in the search box, and CPU stays high for another few seconds thereafter. Then every single keypress during the Find will cause CPU to spike to 100%.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: macOS 10.12.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @seeemef,

I'm sorry 1Password is acting sluggish for you! When did you first notice this? Was it after installing an update for 1Password or macOS?

Please try restarting 1Password mini to see if it makes a difference: From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. Once you do that, unlock it and see if it's any better than before. If it isn't, reboot your Mac - once it restarts, try 1Password again. Does that help at all?

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

• seeemef
    seeemef
    Community Member

Restarting 1Password mini fixed it.

It was after a recent update that the problem started. When updating, and App Store reports that 1Password must be closed to continue, I normally just Command-Q in 1Password. Inspired by your instructions, I tested and I see now that 1Password Mini is left running when I just Command-Q in the main window—but App Store update continues anyway. Could that be the problem?

Anyway, henceforth before updating I will quit 1Password Mini from its gear icon, which I see also quits the main 1Password.

Thanks for the help!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! That's great news, I'm glad that helped solve the problem! I'm not sure if it had anything to do with 1Password mini running when updating from the Mac App Store, as that shouldn't cause that to happen - but if for some reason it happens again the next time you install an update, you can try restarting 1Password mini again.

Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.