On touch ID MacBook Pros, can we skip the touch id dialog if laptop is closed?

bobnyce
bobnyce
Community Member

I often have my 2016 MacBook Pro 15" connected to an external monitor with the laptop closed. When I need to unlock 1Password it asks me to use Touch ID. Is there a setting that would suppress this dialog if the laptop is closed and instead open the normal password dialog?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:On touch ID MacBook Pros, can we skip the touch id dialog if the laptop is closed?

Comments

• oliverf
    oliverf
    Community Member

I second that. If it can not be detected if the Macbook pro is closed, at least allow entry of Touch ID and password simultaneously. Having to press Cancel all the time is very time intensive.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bobnyce and @oliverf,

Thanks for taking the time to ask us about that! Our developers are looking into whether or not this is possible (it depends largely on whether or not that's supported by the OS). If it is, I'm sure they'd also like to do it! I'll add your comments to our internal tracker to let our developers know you're also interested.

Aside from that, I hope you're enjoying the Touch ID support in 1Password. Please let us know if you need anything else. Cheers! :)

ref: OPM-4618

• oliverf
    oliverf
    Community Member

Thank you for your consideration Drew. Much appreciated!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.