Just switched from 1Password 4 on my macOS & now my sync won't work via DropBox or WLAN server

jallen810
jallen810
Community Member

I am attaching a couple files for clarification but long story short, i would prefer to use iCloud but work manages my phone and that is disabled. So i tried DropBox and i am able to get syncing between the internet browser and my mobile devices but when I go to my 1Password 6 App (again, recently updated from 4.x) and try to follow the instructions for syncing a macBook and i attempt the same thing between phone & macBook, Please adi

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Just switched from 1Password 4 on my macOS & now my sync won't work via DropBox or WLAN server

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jallen810,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help with syncing your 1Password data!

If you'd like to sync your data via Dropbox, please make sure you follow the steps here: How to sync 1Password with Dropbox
    (You'll find steps on that page for both Mac and iOS.)

On the other hand, you might want to consider signing up for a 1Password.com account, because one of the benefits of an account is that sync is built-in. In other words, you wouldn't need to configure any sync settings, and wouldn't need to use a third party sync service such as Dropbox or iCloud. Your 1Password data would sync via our own servers - after switching to a 1Password.com account on one device, all you need to do on your other devices is sign into your account from the 1Password app, and your data will automatically sync there.

Please let us know how it all goes and if you have questions about any of that. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.