App upgrade broke brokerage page on iOS version, still works on OSX

Options

I just allowed the app on iOS to upgrade and the username and password are no longer filled out on my long-standing Scottrade account. URL is:

https://trading.scottrade.com/default.aspx

On iOS it doesn't fill out either account number or password. Pressing on the "key" icon and deliberately selecting the account do nothing. It always worked before the recent upgrade and still works on OSX version.

Thanks,

David

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dnedved,

I don't have an account there so I loaded up the page (thank you for supplying the URL) and created a test Login item. I verified it would fill on my Mac and then tried it out on my iPhone. Everything filled correctly in iOS Safari but you mentioned the key icon so I went back and tried 1Browser at which point I could replicate your findings. Now 1Browser uses the webkit view or whatever it is called so I am slightly surprised to see a difference and I don't know why yet.

Can you see if you use our iOS Safari Extension in iOS Safari if you find it works there like it does for me. It may offer a reasonable workaround if 1Browser isn't willing to play nicely at the moment. I'll be interested to learn if it does.

• dnedved
    dnedved
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables, thanks for the pointer to the safari extension. It works with that method. I didn't know about the extension and that will be handy to have, thank you!

I would still very much like it to work in the 1Browser since I use 1Password as my "bookmarks" list for all financial websites.

Thanks for the great support on a great product.

David

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dnedved: Unfortunately we only get what Apple gives us. In the past it was much worse, but there's still a gap between Safari's WebKit and the webview available to 3rd party apps. I know exactly what you mean about using 1Password as "bookmarks" for important sites. This is what I do too, especially on iOS. I'm glad that Safari works for you now at least. Hopefully it will be possible to get this working better for you in 1Browser in the future as well.

This discussion has been closed.