Unable to find WLAN Server tab or secret code

This discussion was created from comments split from: Where do I find the secret code on my Mac?.

Comments

• GrannyDuck
    GrannyDuck
    Community Member

Where do I find the secret?

• @GrannyDuck,

If you're talking about the WLAN Server secret code, that's in the Preferences window on the WLAN Server tab.

Rudy

• GrannyDuck
    GrannyDuck
    Community Member

I don't know where to find the WLAN server tab.

• GrannyDuck
    GrannyDuck
    Community Member

Also trying to upgrade my password 5 to 6.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @GrannyDuck,

It sounds like the problem you're running into is a bit different than the one in the previous discussion, so I've moved your messages to a new thread. I hope you don't mind!

If you're still using 1Password 5 on your Mac, you won't actually see a 'WLAN Server' tab in Preferences because it used to be called 'Wi-Fi Server' (we renamed it in version 6, but it's the same feature). From the main 1Password app, go to 1Password > Preferences in the menu bar, then you should see the Wi-Fi Server tab. Or simply go to Window > Wi-Fi Server (or WLAN Server, depending on the version) from the menu bar to directly open those settings.

Before setting up Wi-Fi/WLAN Server sync, it might be a good idea to upgrade to 1Password 6 if you haven't already done so. If you're using the AgileBits Store version of 1Password, download 1Password 6 for Mac from our download site, then run the pkg installer.

If you need more help setting up WLAN Server, please try the steps on our support site here: How to use the WLAN server

Hopefully it all goes well, but we're here for you if you need more help! :)

This discussion has been closed.