Sync via Dropbox no longer working between Mac, iPhone, iPad

This discussion was created from comments split from: can't sync iPhone to Macbook Pro..

Comments

• bisbeejudie
    bisbeejudie
    Community Member

I have been syncing my iPhone and iPad with my Mac Pro for several years and it doesn't seem to be syncing anymore. I have a 1Password 6 and haven't checked if that's when the problem started. I sync with Dropbox.

• bisbeejudie
    bisbeejudie
    Community Member

This is Bisbeejudie again. I have updated Dropbox on both iPhone and iPad and 1Password is up to date. I've pushed the sync icon so many times on both devices and the mac I'm surprised I haven't worn it off. I'm totally stumped as to what to do next.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bisbeejudie,

I'm sorry you're having trouble syncing 1Password via Dropbox between your Mac, iPhone, and iPad! This is a bit different than the topic of the previous discussion, so I've moved your messages to a new thread where we can focus on this specific issue.

Let's start by checking the sync settings on your devices:

On your Mac:

• Open 1Password and go to 1Password > Preferences in the menu bar.
    • Click the Sync tab.
    • Make sure it shows your Primary vault is set to sync with Dropbox.
    • If it shows a different sync option or says None, set up sync with Dropbox by following the steps here: Sync with Dropbox (Mac)
    • If Dropbox is already enabled in the sync preferences, check the file name and file path for the sync file in Dropbox.

On your iPhone and iPad:

• Open 1Password and go to Settings > Sync > Primary.
    • Make sure it shows the Sync Service is Dropbox.
    • If it shows a different sync service or says Start Syncing, set up sync with Dropbox by following the steps here: Sync with Dropbox (iOS)
    • If Dropbox is already enabled in the sync settings, tap "Sync Service" and check the file name and file path for the sync file in Dropbox (underneath Current Sync Method / Dropbox).

If the problem is that one is syncing with a different sync file than the others, you'll need to disable the sync, then set it up again and choose the correct sync file.

Let us know how it goes and what you find, thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.