Autofill not working tried removing and reinstalling extension no luck pls help

Please help up till yesterday all was ok, but now will not autofill i have deleted and reinstalled extensions with no luck please help

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: OS Sierra 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Autofill not working tried removing and reinstalling extension no luck pls help

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@fortunepd: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! First and foremost, it's important to keep in mind that 1Password does not autofill; rather, it only fills when you invoke it using the keyboard or mouse. Can you be more specific about the exact steps you're taking and what you're seeing? Are you receiving some sort of error? If you're encountering an issue on a specific website, it would help to know the URL. And if you're referring to Auto submit, be sure you have it enabled in 1Password Preferences > Browsers ("Automatically sign in...") Let me know what you find!

• gmguettinger
    gmguettinger
    Community Member

Same problem over here: same system constellation, same software versions as fortunpd. I updated to 6.6.1 two days ago (autofill did work before the update, but does no longer, neither does auto submit). Preferences are o.k. an as described by you. Neither the autofill invoked from the drop-down menu, nor from the cmd-# 1pw mini-window (which opens) works. Clicking on the icon next to the address-field evokes no response whatsoever. De- and re-installing the extension does not help.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @fortunepd & @gmguettinger,

In both cases can you try the following please.

1. Restart your Mac.
    2. Open 1Password and unlock your vault.
    3. Open your preferred browser and click on the 1Password Browser Extension button in the browser's toolbar.

Do you find the filling behaviour has returned to the correct and expected behaviour?

• gmguettinger
    gmguettinger
    Community Member

Hi littlebobbytables, thanks for your help. This actually did work - was it simply because we did not open 1PW BEFORE opening the browser?
    Regards and best wishes

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gmguettinger,

My suspicion is either the extension got stuck somewhere in the authorisation process or 1Password mini needed a kick to correctly start listening for extension attempts after the update. The second step may turn out to be overkill but those steps help ensure we avoid a number of pitfalls and give everything the best chance of succeeding. They shouldn't be needed all the time, you should find that if you ever need to restart the Mac that 1Password mini starts up instantly.

• grdohm
    grdohm
    Community Member

I also had to update/reinstall new version of 1Password after it stopped working. Have now installed new 1Password, and also unintalled reinstalled the Firefox add-on. But it is still not autofilling my login details on any website. Same problem when using in Safari. Please help!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @grdohm,

Have you tried the steps I outlined earlier in this thread?

• grdohm
    grdohm
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables yes i have.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @grdohm,

In that case I'd like to request a diagnostic report. Can you do the following for me please.

1. Restart the Mac.
    2. Open 1Password and unlock your vault.
    3. Open Safari and click on the 1Password Browser Extension button in Safari's toolbar.

With that done can you now create the diagnostic report please, this link will guide you through the steps.

For 1Password on your Mac

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist you :smile:

• grdohm
    grdohm
    Community Member

Ok thanks. Will do.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@grdohm: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: IXW-44638-369

• grdohm
    grdohm
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• kebabking
    kebabking
    Community Member

Was there a solution to grdohm's issue in the end? Despite the update for both the app and the Chrome extension I cannot initiate the extension to fill out any logins in Chrome. Also, the extension has changed to english, I am using localised german version of Chrome and previously 1Password Mini has been in german too

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@kebabking We are still working on this, but we can get the ball rolling with your situation as well. Could you let us know a little more about the problem you're having?

• When you open Chrome, do you see the 1Password button in the toolbar?
    • What happens if you click the toolbar button?
    • If you visit the sign in page on a site for which you have a Login saved and click the button, does that Login show in the list that pops up?
    • If you see the Login, what happens if you select it?

It will also be helpful for us if you can give precise version numbers for 1Password, the 1Password extension, and your operating system.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• kebabking
    kebabking
    Community Member
    edited March 2017

@jxpx777 , thanks for following my post up.
    I am using 1Password 6.6.1 and 4.6.3.90 extension in Chrome 56.0.2924.87. AFAIK the extension gets updated when installing the main app?
    All this is on MacOS El Capitan 10.11.6, but have the same issue on a machine running Sierra…
    To your further questions:

• I do see the the 1PW button in the toolbar of Chrome
    • When clicked on I get promted to unlock the vault, which works
    • When visiting a page that I have a login saved for, that login is listed as first item in the list that pops up, when I select the login nothing happens (nothing seems to get entered in the form of the web page)

Cheers
    Per

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @kebabking,

When you click the 1Password button this instructs 1Password to display the 1Password mini menu. In this menu, is there any text displayed in red at the top of the menu? If there is what does the text say please.

• kebabking
    kebabking
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables , yes text is displayed in red. It says the evaluation period has ended (I know, I know). Has there been a hard cut in terms of functionality of late there? i.e. no licensee, no auto-fill?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kebabking,

There has been a change there yes. 1Password reduced functionality when a trial expired or if it was previously activated by a 1Password account that was now in a frozen state (the term for trial expired there). The changes lately were to make things more consistent and so now 1Password will not fill when the trial has expired.

So good news in that we know the answer (not knowing is never fun) but bad in that if you enjoy 1Password and find the filling useful it will mean some form of monetary exchange between your good self and us.

I would recommend checking out our 1Password website for information on our 1Password accounts. It's a subscription based service but you get a 30 day trial to see if you like it and the subscription includes access to the 1Password client on all supported platforms as the client is an integral part of the 1Password experience regardless of whether the data is hosted by us as it is with a 1Password account or locally when used in a standalone manner.

At least you can stop hunting and going through the pains of uninstalling/installing to try and resolve the error.

• kebabking
    kebabking
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables, thanks! You're right, at least we know now ;-)
    I'll weigh up the options and probably take the plunge in terms of monetary exchange. Which is good for you guys…

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @kebabking,

I do find understanding is a major part whether the answer is what you hoped for or is undesirable, just as long as it's not some unexplainable black box. Now not everybody may agree of course but my own view is bad news can be somewhat tolerable if everything is explainable and justifiable.

Take a look at our 1Password accounts, take the time to see what you think and please do make good use of the 30 day trial period. Then, at the end you can make an informed decision based on the merits or cons and hopefully be happy that whatever you decide is best for you :smile:

If we can answer any questions please do ask.

This discussion has been closed.