Lost iphone 6 and now have iphone 7 plus. I can't get in to the app now.

bdorais
bdorais
Community Member

Lost iphone 6 and now have 7 plus. I do not know what to input when the sign on page asks for a in address, an email account key. DO remember my master password. i believe purchased app from store at least two years ago. How am ever going get back in?.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Lost iphone 6 and now have iphone 7 plus. I do not know what to input when the sign on page asks for a sign in address, an email address, and account key. I DO remember my master password. i believe i purchased the app from the app store at least two years ago. How am i ever going to get back in?

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Account keys are part of the new subscription service. As you got 1PW two years ago you will be on the stand-alone version.

I'm not that familiar with installation in iOS. But the initial screen should give you options like "Continue without an account" or "I have an account". You need to continue without an account. You should then be asked if you have used 1PW before. When you say yes, you will be asked where your data is. Go on from there.

• Good morning @bdorais. I'm so sorry you lost your previous phone, what a pain in the butt! There are a few things you can check here:

1. Make sure you're running the latest version of 1Password on your iPhone 7. At the time of this writing that's version 6.5.2. Just open up the App Store and see if there are any pending updates there for you.
    2. When you first launch 1Password you should see a number of options including 1Password.com (which I believe is where you started), iCloud, and Dropbox. Try tapping on iCloud and Dropbox and see if you can successfully walk through either of those setups.
    3. Are you using 1Password on a computer or another iOS device? If so, we can recover your data from there.
    4. Was your iPhone 6 backed up to your computer? If so we may be able to recover some 1Password data from there.

Let's start there and see what we can come up with.

This discussion has been closed.