Watchtower hasn't been updated in 4 weeks [known issue, to be fixed; see workaround below]

Options
theironborn
theironborn
Community Member
edited March 2017 in Mac

The "Watchtower" preferences tab says that it was last updated 4 weeks ago.

I've tried disabling and enabling Watchtower using the "Enable 1Password Watchtower" button.
I've tried it with my firewall and DNSCrypt disabled.

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: 4.6.3.b3
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @theironborn

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password. If I understand correctly, the Watchtower won't update even after you click "Update now"? That's pretty strange! Would you mind restarting your computer and trying again? If you're still not able to update Watchtower after a fresh start please let us know and we'll dig deeper into this :chuffed: Please let us know what you fin out!

• theironborn
    theironborn
    Community Member
    Options

Rebooted, still hasn't updated.

• rajahornstein
    rajahornstein
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. After getting email about problem with CloudFlare sites and suggestion about updating WatchTower, I checked my preferences and saw that Watchtower hadn't updated in 18 weeks. Clicking on update button does nothing. Haven't tried restarting yet.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @theironborn and @rajahornstein,

Please give this a try and see if it makes any difference:

• Disable Enable 1Password Watchtower in Watchtower Preferences.
    • Restart your Mac.
    • Re-enable Enable 1Password Watchtower in Watchtower Preferences.

If it's still not updating after that, use the 1Password Troubleshooting tool to generate a diagnostics report as soon as possible:

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report (Mac)

Then attach the report file with an email to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your diagnostics report in the forum, and do include a link to this discussion and your forum username in the email.

You'll receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a support ticket ID. Please post that support ID here so we can track down your email with the report more quickly to determine what's preventing Watchtower from updating and suggest how to fix it.

Thanks in advance!

• japanime
    japanime
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. Watchtower won't update even after I click "Update now." I disabled, restarted my Mac and then re-enabled. Watchtower still won't update. I will be contacting support via email per the instructions above, and will then post my support ID in this forum.

I hope this can be resolved quickly, as currently there does not appear to be any way for 1Password to otherwise check for Cloudfare sites.

• japanime
    japanime
    Community Member
    Options

Did as instructed, sent the diagnostic report to the email address listed above. My support ID is #KVH-35143-873

• michel_nel1
    michel_nel1
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Same problem here as well, will send a mail!

edit - Support ID is #JVX-78923-294

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@japanime: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: KVH-35143-873

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@michel_nel1: Weirdly, I'm not seeing anything under this email address or the Support ID you posted. Can you double check that for me, or just try sending it again? Thanks in advance!

• michel_nel1
    michel_nel1
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty I received a confirmation mail which stated "For your reference, your support ID is [#JVX-78923-294]". Just sent it again and received the response "For your reference, your support ID is [#DZV-83531-797]".
    Thanks in advance!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017
    Options

Got your email with the diagnostics report, @michel_nel1. :+1:

Everyone:

We've identified what's causing this issue (at least one cause) and suggest trying this workaround:

• Open and unlock 1Password.
    • Disable Enable 1Password Watchtower in Watchtower Preferences.
    • Trash this folder:
      ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/Watchtower

• Re-enable Enable 1Password Watchtower in Watchtower Preferences.

Your feedback on whether or not that helps would be appreciated, even though we're already working on a fix. Thanks for your helpful reports here and through email!

ref: AVP-95497-627, OPM-4864

• michel_nel1
    michel_nel1
    Community Member
    Options

The workaround worked for me @sjk , thanks a lot!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @michel_nel1. Thanks for letting us know the workaround was successful, which is good indication that the fix for this in a future update will also prevent it from happening again. :)

• japanime
    japanime
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty @sjk the solution worked for me as well. Thanks!

• pervel
    pervel
    Community Member
    Options

~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/Watchtower

I assume that is for the AgileBits Store version? Is this workaround relevant for the Mac App Store version as well?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hurray, @japanime. :+1::chuffed:

@pervel: If the bug happens with 1Password from the Mac App Store (not sure if it does), you'd delete this folder instead:

~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Watchtower

Thanks for asking so I could post that in case it's also needed for the workaround. Cheers!

• technomonk
    technomonk
    Community Member
    Options

Trashing that Watchtower folder appears to have fixed my issue as well. Thanks. #JHD-93873-171

• theironborn
    theironborn
    Community Member
    Options

I've been having trouble sending the diagnostics report using gmail (something about the .zip format?). But I did delete the mentioned folder and it seems to have solved it.

Thanks

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@technomonk & @theironborn,

Glad to hear the workaround also worked for both of you! :+1:

@theironborn:

I've been having trouble sending the diagnostics report using gmail (something about the .zip format?).

If you encounter trouble like that in the future try downloading the latest 1Password troubleshooting utility shortly before generating the report. We won't be needing any further reports related to this issue. :)

Thanks!

ref: JHD-93873-171

• rajahornstein
    rajahornstein
    Community Member
    Options

Workaround worked for me using mac app store version. Thanks

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rajahornstein,

Thanks for confirming this bug can indeed also appear in the Mac App Store version and that deleting its Watchtower folder worked around it for you. :+1:

ref: PFC-19495-481

This discussion has been closed.