To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I've tried everything and I still can't get 1Password to work on my MacBook since all the ruckus

JohnC2F
JohnC2F
Community Member
  1. Tried downloading new version, when I try to set up my account information I get an SSL error. Can not proceed further.
  2. Tried connecting to the web https://my.1password.com and logging in, get SSL error that website may be intercepted and can proceed no further. Both Chrome and Safari.
  3. Tried uninstalling everything and downloading from the app store. Same result as #1.

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:help

Comments

• Hi @JohnC2F,

Hrmm... what kind of SSL error are you seeing? Could you post the exact message or a screenshot of it?

Rick

• JohnC2F
    JohnC2F
    Community Member
    edited February 2017

3 different methods.

• agiletim
    agiletim
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JohnC2F

This is very strange what you see on that screenshot.
    I can assure you, that I see the same SSL certificate (at least from what I can tell by looking and comparing) and it is not revoked.
    Third party tool says it is not revoked either: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=app-updates.agilebits.com

if I were you I would start looking at the Access Keychain, to see if there anything wrong GlobalSign certificates that are marked as revoked or expired in there, may be something is cached or not properly updated during one of the system upgrade.

• JohnC2F
    JohnC2F
    Community Member

Ok. I did look at the Certificates keychain and didn't see anything obvious, but I'll look more closely. I'll first try clearing all caches, and if that doesn't work, I'll start going through certificates 1 by 1.

• agiletim
    agiletim
    1Password Alumni

@JohnC2F: Start with Safari and click on the lock icon in the URL bar. then on "Show Certificate" button.
    You should see something like this:

• JohnC2F
    JohnC2F
    Community Member

I cleared the cache, also went into terminal and cleared cache behind the scenes with the following commands:
    sqlite3 ~/Library/Keychains//ocspcache.sqlite3 'DELETE FROM responses WHERE responderURI LIKE "%http://%.globalsign.com/%";'
    crlrefresh rp
    sudo rm /var/db/crls/
    cache.db
    sudo rm /var/db/crls/crlcache2.db
    I was able to load the website in Chrome, however, I am now unable to login with my new account key, which I regenerated from another pc. The following is the result: I've blocked out my userid and new account key (which I double checked 5 times)

I tried Safari and got to the code verification screen and was able to log in. I still can't log in via Chrome however.

• JohnC2F
    JohnC2F
    Community Member

@agiletim, I was able to view the certificate in Safari and it looks good. I'm also logged in now in Safari. Going into terminal and cleaning out the cache seemed to do the trick, however, I'm not sure what is up with Chrome and why I can't log in via Chrome.

• JohnC2F
    JohnC2F
    Community Member

I completely cleared out the Chrome cache, I copied my account key from the Safari login page and tried logging in via Chrome. I get an error "Invalid Account Key".

• agiletim
    agiletim
    1Password Alumni

@JohnC2F : Can you email support@agilebits.com with the details about your account and error you get ?
    I don't think you want to share it publicly :smile:

• JohnC2F
    JohnC2F
    Community Member

Sure.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@JohnC2F Thanks for sending the email! We'll look into it and get back to you there! :)

ref: XHE-63831-866

• JohnC2F
    JohnC2F
    Community Member

I'm now able to connect via both Chrome and Safari.

• Well that's interesting :chuffed: Thank you for letting us know.

We'll still reply back to your email once @agiletim has had a chance to review it. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.