recover account

jay44
jay44
Community Member

trying to recover my account on my android phone. I previously purchased ipassword on my app store on phone. I did a master reset on my device now I reinstalled ipassword but not giving me option to get my account key need help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jay44 - Thanks for getting in touch with us! For your security, your Account Key is never known to us at AgileBits. This ensures that your data is safe from intruders, but it also means that we can’t reset or resend it to you.

There may still be a way to recover your Account Key please refer to this article to get hints. If you printed or stored your Emergency Kit during account setup, it would contain all the information you need.

I hope this information helps recovering your Account Key. If you need any additional assistance, please let me know. I'll be happy to help. :)

• jay44
    jay44
    Community Member

Where can I purchase 1password again one time fee. I don't want the monthly subscription. Also so there is no absolutely way to recover my old account I have so much saved there. I only have my Google play store receipt of purchase.

• Hi @jay44 - Thank you for getting back to us. I checked your Individual account and it looks like you just created it yesterday and didn't have a chance to add any data to the account. Prior to signing up for the Individual account, how were you backing up your 1Password data - were you syncing with Dropbox or did you store your data locally on your phone? Sorry for the questions, just trying to get a better understanding so we can do our best to assist you. Keep us posted.

• jay44
    jay44
    Community Member

I stored my accounts locally on my phone only. I never received anything to save on drop box etc. I really never got any info on how to save account key anywhere in case I needed it to get into my account again.

• jay44
    jay44
    Community Member

If I really can't recover it which I'm so hoping I can again. Is it ok to buy again from Google play store and how can I save account key this time. I also would like to purchase one time fee like before instead of monthly fees thank you.

• Hi @jay44 - Unfortunately since the data was stored locally on the device we can't recover it. Your email address is tied to the Pro feature purchase you made previously via the Google Play Store, so you don't have to re-purchase anything. Just make sure you're signed in using the same email address to restore the purchase of the Pro features -
    https://support.1password.com/pro-features-android/#if-you-already-purchased-the-pro-features

The Account Key pertains to our new subscription plans. When you sign up for an account, like the Individual account you created yesterday, we provide you with a randomized unique Account Key during the set up process. If you no longer have access to this we could delete the Individual account so you can re-create a new one using the same email address. I would recommend giving the Individual account a try since we take care of all the syncing and backups for you. You don't have to manage a sync source or creating manual backups, it just works! In addition to auto-syncing and backups, all of our apps are included in addition to web access.

Let us know if you have any questions and if you want to delete the Individual account you created to start over with a clean slate. I'll be more than happy to help out.

• jay44
    jay44
    Community Member

Sorry is it possible for you to see what email I used on the Pro account so I can recover it. Also can I sign up for an individual account and back up all my saved info to it? I would definitely pay for the yearly subscription if there us an option for it. Thanks again.

• Hi @jay44 - I believe we located the purchase using your aol email address. But one of the perks of using our new subscription plans like the Individual account you created, as along as the account is added to your phone, you automatically get the Pro features. We include all the 1Password apps in addition to the Pro features for iOS and Android.

Yes, we delete your current account since you can't locate your Account Key and then sign up for a new one using the same email address. If you have any existing data on your phone, you can migrate it over to your new Personal vault which is connected to your Individual account. There is an option to pay annually which will also save you a little more money over the course of the year. Keep me posted if you want me to send you over a special link to delete the current account unless you located the Account Key.

• jay44
    jay44
    Community Member
    edited February 2017

Yes please send me special link to delete current account. Right now in google play store when I access 1password it only takes password I created yesterday. Not the one I had before with all my private info. Sorry for the confusion but how can I somehow get my info back? I just want to transfer my info the new account im going to purchase

• jay44
    jay44
    Community Member

hi can you please send me the special link to delete the current account thank you.

• Hi jay44 - Thank you for getting back to me. I just sent you over an email so we can work on this together. When you get a chance reply back to me over there and we can continue our discussion. Talk to you soon.

ref: UDG-58137-658

• Neil_Hines
    Neil_Hines
    Community Member
    edited March 2017

How can I recover Andriod Smartphone Data?Does anyone the give best advice?

• Hi @Neil_Hines. Welcome to the forum!

Can you let me know whether you're trying to recover your 1Password data, or general Android data? For general Android data, there are several apps I believe that can help with that, though I'm not an expert on any.

As to 1Password data, had you configured sync with Dropbox, local storage, or WLAN? Also, do you have 1Password data on any other devices? If you weren't syncing, were you using one of our hosted accounts?

This discussion has been closed.