Move from Datavault [conversion problem]

Garias
Garias
Community Member
edited March 2017 in Mac

I am trying to complete the process to move all my passwords from Datavault to 1password with the applescriptconvfrsion helper. I move the exported file to the helper , I open it but I get the following message in terminal
Can't open perl script "convert_to_1p4.pl": No such file or directory

Can you please assist?

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: Sierra
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@Garias ,

I'm happy to help, and sorry for the troubles.

First, please be sure you are using the 1.10 version of the converter suite. It is available in Testing Bits mentioned in the first post of the thread.

Next, if the process of double-clicking the AppleScript and selecting the DataVault converter does not work, please use the command line instead. Sierra introduced a change that causes the AppleScript to fail for some, and I've yet to be able to setup a system to reproduce the problem to resolve it. I've tried one workaround (its in 1.10), so that may work for you, but if not, lets just get your data converted using the command line. I'm here to help if you need it.

• Garias
    Garias
    Community Member
    edited March 2017

Thank you ... I managed to complete the transfer. I assume the process to proceed with actual use after the trial period is really easy. Thank you !

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

That's great news, @Garias !

Enjoy 1Password.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

@Garias, I'm glad MrC was able to help you out with that, and I'm also very happy to hear you're switching to 1Password! I hope you enjoy it. :) If you have any questions about it, please don't hesitate to let us know - we're always happy to help. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.