My 1Pass ves 6 wont open.

chriskyfl
chriskyfl
Community Member
edited March 2017 in Mac

Just rebooted my computer (for a change) and now 1pass wont open? What's up? Help.

_1Password Version: 6
_Extension Version:6
_OS Version: 10.12.3
_Sync Type:Dropbox

Comments

• chriskyfl
    chriskyfl
    Community Member

• Hi @chriskyfl

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Please see this thread for the solution:

Trouble launching or updating 1Password for Mac (website version) — AgileBits Support Forum

Thanks! :)

Ben

• chriskyfl
    chriskyfl
    Community Member

Thanks Ben! It worked.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Ben, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• lagwana
    lagwana
    Community Member

I can't follow these instructions because I can't download the new version! I've tried two different browsers.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lagwana,

Hmm, that's strange, I don't know why that link doesn't work for you. When I try opening https://app-updates.agilebits.com/download/OPM4 it starts the download as expected.

Instead of using that link, try going to our download site and clicking the 'Download' button for the Mac version. Does that work, or do you get a similar error?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017

Edit: I just realized something else: Your screenshots appear to be Safari and Chrome. Both use the system Keychain certificate store, which explains the similarity, and leads me to believe that this is, in fact, scenario #1. If you try Firefox, I suspect it will work for you, as it uses its own certificate store. If so, follow the steps I linked in #1 and you should be good to go. Cheers! :)

@lagwana: Since you're seeing ERR_CERT_REVOKED, it sounds like you have one of two issues:

1. an outdated certificate store on your computer, or
    2. some software is performing a person-in-the-middle attack on your by inserting their own self-signed certificate in order to decrypt and monitor your traffic

In the case of #1, this was a problem for some folks last autumn, but for some reason I've seen reports of this pooping up again this month. Try following my post here to clear the cache and let me know if that helps.

In the case of #2, do you have "security" software, VPNs, proxies, or something else that might be trying to intercept the connection? If that happens, it won't be possible to establish the identity of the server, and 1Password and pretty much any browser will refuse the connection as you're seeing. Let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.