To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Sync my personal vault

Options
TDK1044
TDK1044
Community Member
edited March 2017 in Memberships

Hi Guys, I have 1password set up on my i-phone. I want to sync my Personal vault using i-cloud, but the only option I have is to sync the Primary vault. How do I sync my Personal vault, and do I even need my Primary vault? I don't use anything other than my personal vault. Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @TDK1044 - Great question and thank you for asking :-) One of the benefits of having a 1Password.com account, we take care of all the syncing for you on our end. There's no need to set up iCloud as a sync source. When you add a new item to your Personal vault, it will auto-sync over to your other devices, as long as you're signed into the account, in addition to the web. I hope this helps and let us know if you have any further questions, we're happy to help :+1:

• TDK1044
    TDK1044
    Community Member
    Options

Excellent.Thank you. I appreciate the help.

• TDK1044
    TDK1044
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to verify that perfectly, Frank, as I entered a new entry into my personal vault on my i-phone, I saw it pop up on my 1password.com account on my work computer. Perfect. Will it appear on my Laptop at home once i open 1password on that later this evening?

• Frank
    Options

Hi @TDK1044 Fantastic news! You're very welcome. As long as the account has been added to your laptop then yes, the item will sync over. I will include a helpful guide below just in case you have to add the account to your existing 1Password app -

https://support.1password.com/1password-setup/#set-up-the-apps

Keep us posted if you have any questions, we're always happy to help. :-)

• TDK1044
    TDK1044
    Community Member
    Options

So, Frank, if I only use my Personal vault, can I delete the Primary vault, or is it easier just to leave it there?

• Frank
    Options

Hi @TDK1044 - You can delete it once you have migrated your existing 1Password data over to the new account. It's completely up to you if you want to keep it or not :-) I'll leave the choice up to you.

• TDK1044
    TDK1044
    Community Member
    Options

I now have everything I need displaying in my Personal vault, so I can safely delete the Primary vault?

• Frank
    Options

Hi @TDK1044 - Yes, if everything has been moved over to your Personal vault then you're good to go :+1:

To delete your Primary vault from your iPhone -

Open and unlock 1Password > Tap settings on the bottom tab > Tap Vaults > Tap on your Primary vault then tap "Delete Vault" > You will have to enter your master password before you can delete it.

I hope this helps and let us know if you have any additional questions :-)

• TDK1044
    TDK1044
    Community Member
    Options

And the most important question of all......how come your picture isn't at the top of my screen with all the others? LOL

• Frank
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi @TDK1044 - Good point! I should be up there :-) Hmmm... I'll have to mention this to my team. :+1:

ref: JBQ-59258-699

This discussion has been closed.