Feature Request: Add attachments with Print Services or Browser

cinthia
cinthia
Community Member

Hello, I've been a 1Password user since the first version so I've seen many changes but not the one I want. My request is for adding attachments. Dragging and dropping the attachment is better than nothing but it requires several extra steps that I mean to do but often don't get around to. For example, if I am emailed a receipt for a software purchase, the only way I can get it into 1Password is to print to pdf, locate it in the finder, open 1password to the correct entry, click edit and drag the pdf or jpg. So, most of the time it gets filed to Evernote instead because I can 1) email it directly 2) save to Evernote from the print menu 3) drag attachment from Mail to the Evernote icon 4) use Evernote browser extension to save the web page confirmation as pdf
I want a simple easy way to add attachments to 1Password, even if all attachments are dumped into a general attachments folder for me to assign to the matching entry later. It would save a lot of searching across multiple clouds and hard drives if attachments were easily added to 1Password. Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.6
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017

@cinthia: I'm gonna be honest with you: most users don't even know Print Services exists. But that's okay. I think that you're right that having an alternative to drag and drop would be useful, even if that in particular might not be the best solution to help out most 1Password users. ;)

I think you're also right that "dumping" attachments into 1Password could cause some headaches, so we'll have to think about what might be the best way to do this. I use things like Evernote and Pocket too, so I can see how something like that might be handy. Can you give some example use cases for maybe documents and images? What do you imagine the workflow being like? Those are the most common file types we save in our vaults, so I think that might be a good starting point for thinking about something like this. Maybe a Share menu option? :)

This discussion has been closed.