Cannot authenticate Browser Extension in Chrome

zzzooorrrx
zzzooorrrx
Community Member

Chrome ends up with Error ERR_FAILED since weeks when trying to authenticate 1password browser extension https://agilebits.com/browsers/auth.html
Trying to install extension at agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions/chrome leads to the same error.
Installing browser extension from chrome web store » same error
I tried:
extension removed
deleted whole browser history
restart browser
restart machine
reinstall extension from chrome web store

no changes. Any idea?
Thx for your help.

Chrome Version 54.0.2840.98 (64-bit) (latest)

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @zzzooorrrx,

I'm sorry you're having trouble authenticating the extension!

It looks like you're using an older version of Chrome, as the latest stable version is currently 56.0.2924.87. I don't know for sure if that's related to the problem you're having with the extension, but you should definitely install the latest update for Chrome to see if it makes a difference. Just go to Chrome > About Google Chrome from the menu bar, and the window that opens should check for and download the latest update (it will ask you to relaunch Chrome to install it).

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

• firebeyer
    firebeyer
    Community Member

I have been seeing this a lot lately and every time it has been resolved by updating chrome to the latest version and relaunching.

• zzzooorrrx
    zzzooorrrx
    Community Member

Strange but true. In About Google Chrome it tells me it is the latest version.
    New download from chrome website brought new version.

Now authentication works smooth.
    Thanks for your hints!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, @zzzooorrrx! I haven't heard of that happening before (an older version of Chrome saying it's the latest), but it sounds like others have noticed the same thing, so I'm glad you mentioned it. Thanks for confirming it's all working well with the latest update!

Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.