To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I am getting account frozen error on Mac, Web and iPhone app, though I bought app for full price

Options
asea
asea
Community Member

Hi,

I bought 1password software a year ago, and since last few days I started getting an account frozen message when I try to use the app. It is asking me for credit card information. I do not want to buy the monthly subscription plan, I just want to stay with the standalone app I had bought.

When I try to use 1password, I get "Account Frozen" message and I am unable to use the software. Please let me know how can I continue using the app without moving to subscription plan? This has been really frustrating, I have sent multiple emails to support team at support@agilebits.com, but have not heard back anything from them yet.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.5.3 (653000) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @asea - Sorry for the troubles. It looks like you signed up for an Individual account at some point and your initial 30 day free trial has ended. You can definitely continue using your standalone license if you prefer. Can you reply back here including the support id number so I can locate the email you sent over to us? I will be happy to work with you so we can get this resolved. Keep me posted :+1:

• asea
    asea
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, this is the case number: #VKS-27433-198.

I never received a reply to this case via email, I have been emailing since 2/27.

Please help me convert my account back to standalone license account so I can unlock and continue using the app.

Thanks!

• Frank
    edited March 2017
    Options

Fantastic! Thank you for the support ID number. I will be replying back to you shortly so we can work on this together.

ref: VKS-27433-198

• masa264
    masa264
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem (bought it via App Store and now it's frozen), could you help me too? I've tried emailing but I never got a reply.

• Frank
    Options

Hi masa264 - Sorry for the troubles. I located your email and replied back to you. When you get a chance reply back to me so we can continue the discussion over there. Talk to you soon :+1:

ref: FUB-33814-962

• Dimitrij
    Dimitrij
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Frank,
    Have same issue. Payed for license and now account is frozen.
    Support ID number is: #KCI-74794-427
    Can you please help me?
    BR
    /Dimitrij

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Dimitrij - I've just replied to your email. Please get back to me at your earliest convenience and we can work on resolving the issue. :)

ref: KCI-74794-427

• moinsyed
    moinsyed
    Community Member
    Options

Hi , I'm also having a similar problem. I purchased a single user license in November 2016 and I'm now getting a "frozen account" message since mid-February. I have sent 2 emails to Support and have not gotten any replies.

• omarcus
    omarcus
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here... Bought standalone from App Store and now frozen. I have no clue what the various differences are between the accounts, but I do know that i paid a lot for an app that I've been locked out of in a money grab.

• mikebore
    mikebore
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Something is very wrong with purchase process that all these people are unintentionally signing up to the subscription model.

Probably because it is called an "Account" which does not sound like a subscription model to most people. It is very common to create an "Account" with a software vendor without signing up to a subscription. For 1Password "Account" means subscription model.

I would just say that I have had a full license for nine years and have switched to subscription and very pleased I did.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@omarcus and @moinsyed - I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. Please contact us and I'll be happy to work with you and look into the details of your issue. :-)

In case you contact us you should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down your email and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

@mikebore - We've recently worked on improving the on-boarding process, especially when it comes to the Mac App Store version. I'm confident that it will make things less confusing. Thanks for your feedback and the kind words about the subscription! :-)

• moinsyed
    moinsyed
    Community Member
    Options

Here is the support ID number [#TZY-12652-923]. Please contact me.

Thanks

• Jacob
    Options

Thanks! I'll get back to you in just a moment and we can keep the conversation going via email for now. :)

ref: TZY-12652-923

• FunFactsFun
    FunFactsFun
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I am getting the read only mode even though I purchased this product in 2014.

• mikebore
    mikebore
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I am getting the read only mode even though I purchased this product in 2014.>

@FunFactsFun, You have unintentionally signed up to the Subscription model but not supplied your credit card info for paying the subscription.

Agile should help you undo this.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@FunFactsFun - mikebore is right, we can help. Please contact us and I'll be happy to work with you and look into the details of your issue. :-)

In case you contact us you should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down your email and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

• cwatson69
    cwatson69
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem. I have a stand-alone license and I don't remember signing up for a subscription to this. I have not gotten a reply to the email that I sent you 4 days ago. ID [#ZMI-24961-724]. Now my account is frozen. [#TTI-38818-348] How is it that everyone seems to have unintentionally signed up for this? Or did you all send out a very misleading email to get people to try something that now they are stuck with?

• logandonaldson
    logandonaldson
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Same problem. Been a 1password user for years on iOS and MacOS. [#XYV-71758-526]

• Frank
    Options

Hi cwatson69 - Sorry for the delay and I noticed you're already working with Andrew. Let's keep the conversation over there and you're in good hands :-) Have a great day!

ref: ZMI-24961-724

• Frank
    Options

Hi logandonaldson - Thank you for posting the support id. I was able to locate your email and I just replied back to you. Let's continue the discussion over there and I look forward to working with you.

ref: XYV-71758-526

This discussion has been closed.